|Published:||Nov 12, 2012 6:15 AM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 12, 2012 6:15 AM EST|
FORT PIERCE, Fla. (AP) - A partial recount has given Rep. Allen West a slight lift, though Patrick Murphy remains the unofficial winner.
St. Lucie County recounted three days of early-voting ballots Sunday. Both candidates' vote totals were revised downward as a result of the count, but because West lost fewer votes, it narrowed his margin of loss.
Murphy held a 50.3 percent share of the ballots, an overall lead of 1,907 votes. That margin of six-tenths of a percentage point is just above the half-percentage point threshold to order a full recount across all three counties in the 18th congressional district.
West's campaign called the recount "a sham" and said all early votes should have been included. They're vowing further legal action.
- Woman at center of infamous killing set free
- Public IDs woman accused of stealing from elderly victim
- Snow forecasted for Golden Gate Community Park Saturday
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- So. Fla. US Rep. Garcia joins 24 immigration fast
- Cape Police arrest reckless driver near recent accident site
- FHP investigates fatality on SB I-75 near Corkscrew Rd.
- Deputies arrest student accused of bringing knife to school
- Toy drive sign ups end Friday for Collier Salvation Army
- Officials: Encouraging sign for 24 stranded whales