|Published:||Nov 12, 2012 2:03 PM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 12, 2012 2:03 PM EST|
TAMPA, Fla. (AP) - Tampa Bay Buccaneers coach Greg Schiano says linebacker Quincy Black is expected to recover from a neck injury but is experiencing complications with his left arm.
Black was carted off the field Sunday after making a tackle on Chargers running back Ryan Mathews. Schiano said Monday the team still had limited information on the injury. He says the player's spine is fine and that "overall" Black is expected to be OK. Doctors are performing additional tests to determine the extent of the damage to his left arm.
The sixth-year pro was taken to a hospital for observation, and Schiano says he will remain sidelined for an undetermined length of time.
Schiano says the linebacker was alert, talking and moving his right hand while receiving medical attention on the field.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Family hospitalized after eating meat with LSD
- Fmr Cape resident accused of attempted sex trafficking
- Music Man Redux - Teacher needs instruments for good cause
- Alva students arrested for gun, caught with ammo day before
- SUV sinks into hole in Cape Coral construction project
- Neighbors saw red flags ahead of animal cruelty arrest
- Indictment accuses SWFL residents of human smuggling
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp Festival returns
- Fire officials say radios need upgrades by 2017
- Ex-inmate sues DeSoto Sheriff's Office for millions