|Published:||Nov 12, 2012 9:47 PM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 12, 2012 9:47 PM EST|
The I75 overpass on Daniels Parkway is still being repaired by crews after a truck crashed in to it last week. Drivers are being re-routed off Daniels on to I75 south and Alico road.
The detours have many drivers furious because the the amount of traffic on these roads.
"Traffic is just unbelievable," said driver Karen Brotherton.
Brotherton lives near the construction and says going to and from her house is a nightmare.
"If you try to take a detour route then the traffic is just bumper to bumper," she said.
Nearby businesses are also feeling the affects because of the less traffic on the eastbound side of Daniels Parkway.
Employees at the Circle K gas station off Daniels Parkway say the pumps usually stay busy throughout the evening, but lately it's as if they have been deserted.
"It is never like this. We start to get really busy between 7:00 to 9:00 and Iave been here all day and t has been like this. I have been here since 2 o'clock," says Circle K employee Carrie Bennett.
Across the street at the Baymont Inn & Suites, they are having a hard time telling their guests how long it will be just to get to the airport.
"Now we are telling our people to go to Six Mile Cypress to to Colonial and travel back down to Daniels Parkway," said Baymont employee Jack Reading.
- FMPD arrests robbery suspect linked to 5 robberies
- Store owner's surveillance cameras catch alleged thieves
- Collier home destroyed by fire
- Real estate search begins for Hertz executives
- Settlement reached with Lifestyle Lift
- Candidates for Cape Coral Mayor duke it out in 1st debate
- Couple accused of kidnapping kids appears in court
- Police ID man who drove into Cape Coral canal
- Naples parents protest cell phone tower at elementary school
- Hertz new HQ building plans