|Published:||Nov 12, 2012 4:03 PM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 12, 2012 4:03 PM EST|
HENDRY COUNTY, Fla.- Hendry County Sheriffs’ Office received a report of a burned vehicle on County Road 835 on Saturday morning. When emergency personnel arrived on scene, they found a 4-door sedan that was badly burned and smoldering. Upon further examination a body was found inside the vehicle burned.
Hendry County Investigators were called to the scene along with the State Fire Marshall’s office. At this time Investigators are attempting to locate the vehicles owner, and are currently unable to identify the victim found inside.
Hendry County Investigators are continuing to follow up on leads as they come in. They are awaiting autopsy results in an effort to identify the victim and the cause of death and other test results from evidence found at the scene. At this time Investigators have not yet made a determination as to whether this is a homicide, suicide or accident.
If anyone has any information leading the identification of the victim in this case, we ask that you contact the Hendry County Sheriff’s Office at 863-805-5000 or 863-674-5600.
- Police arrest man who crashed his car into Cape canal
- Doctors find Mesac Damas incompetent to stand trial
- Crist defends President Obama, blasts Scott
- Woman's throat slit by daughter's boyfriend, 15
- FMPD arrests 2, seizes drugs, cash and handgun during search
- Driver suffers serious injuries after causing 3-car crash
- CCSO investigates Waffle House armed robbery
- Men allegedly point guns at FMPD officers
- Security plans for Boston Marathon to be detailed
- Woman dies after driving into pond