|Published:||Nov 12, 2012 12:13 PM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 12, 2012 2:22 PM EST|
FORT MYERS, Fla.- A patient from a mental health facility escaped and ran through traffic on Colonial Blvd. in Fort Myers, according to deputies.
The man, whose identity is being withheld due to patient confidentiality, also tried to enter a Zumba studio, but the owner locked the door.
Fort Myers Police and Lee County Sheriffs deputies swarmed the area and used a taser on the man to take him into custody.
There's been no word yet how he was able to escape.
- Teacher accused of relationship with 18 y/o student resigns
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- Ida Baker assistant principal put on leave
- Fake service dogs hurting those who actually need them
- Men called heroes after pulling man from Golden Gate lake
- Desoto County deputy admits to lying about beating
- Men take homeowner's truck at gunpoint, abandon it nearby
- Salvation Army of Collier short on donations and volunteers
- Residents are still homeless after a devastating Sept. fire