|Published:||Nov 12, 2012 12:13 PM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 12, 2012 2:22 PM EST|
FORT MYERS, Fla.- A patient from a mental health facility escaped and ran through traffic on Colonial Blvd. in Fort Myers, according to deputies.
The man, whose identity is being withheld due to patient confidentiality, also tried to enter a Zumba studio, but the owner locked the door.
Fort Myers Police and Lee County Sheriffs deputies swarmed the area and used a taser on the man to take him into custody.
There's been no word yet how he was able to escape.
- FMPD arrests robbery suspect linked to 5 robberies
- Store owner's surveillance cameras catch alleged thieves
- Collier home destroyed by fire
- Real estate search begins for Hertz executives
- Settlement reached with Lifestyle Lift
- Candidates for Cape Coral Mayor duke it out in 1st debate
- Couple accused of kidnapping kids appears in court
- Police ID man who drove into Cape Coral canal
- Naples parents protest cell phone tower at elementary school
- Hertz new HQ building plans