|Published:||Nov 12, 2012 5:19 PM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 12, 2012 5:19 PM EST|
MIAMI (AP) - Authorities say a Miami-Dade County transit employee died after being struck by a commuter train.
Police say the Metrorail worker was on the tracks at the Earlington Heights station Monday morning when he was hit. The man, whose name wasn't immediately released, died at the scene.
The station was closed while police investigated.
The exact cause of death is pending an autopsy report by the medical examiner.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- North Fort Myers murder suspect caught
- BREAKING: Suspect in Lehigh double murder located in WY
- Neighbors say homicide victim was loved by everyone
- Attorney blasts investigation into FSU's Winston
- 2 transported by helicopter after serious crash on SR 776
- Naples based St. Matthew's House expanding to Labelle
- Sebelius visits Miami to talk about health care