|Published:||Nov 12, 2012 5:19 PM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 12, 2012 5:19 PM EST|
MIAMI (AP) - Authorities say a Miami-Dade County transit employee died after being struck by a commuter train.
Police say the Metrorail worker was on the tracks at the Earlington Heights station Monday morning when he was hit. The man, whose name wasn't immediately released, died at the scene.
The station was closed while police investigated.
The exact cause of death is pending an autopsy report by the medical examiner.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- FMPD IDs victim in fatal shooting, suspect search continues
- Charlotte deputies ID body found in burned garage
- Immokalee man accused of having sex with an 11 y/o
- Police find 2 bodies inside West Palm Beach school
- Fla. school tells students to drop online classes
- Two arrested in Fort Myers drug bust
- 2 children remain hospitalized after near drowning incidents
- LCSO detectives search for gas station burglary suspect
- Judge sends N. Fla. man to prison for life
- Hazmat team responds to chlorine leak at CCI