|Published:||Nov 12, 2012 5:19 PM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 12, 2012 5:19 PM EST|
MIAMI (AP) - Authorities say a Miami-Dade County transit employee died after being struck by a commuter train.
Police say the Metrorail worker was on the tracks at the Earlington Heights station Monday morning when he was hit. The man, whose name wasn't immediately released, died at the scene.
The station was closed while police investigated.
The exact cause of death is pending an autopsy report by the medical examiner.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Woman's throat slit by daughter's boyfriend, 15
- Police arrest man who crashed his car into Cape canal
- Doctors find Mesac Damas incompetent to stand trial
- Woman allegedly steals iPhone 5S from Verizon Store
- Crist defends President Obama, blasts Scott
- Driver suffers serious injuries after causing 3-car crash
- FMPD arrests 2, seizes drugs, cash and handgun during search
- Dump truck and car crash on SW 20th Ave.
- CCSO investigates Waffle House armed robbery
- Men allegedly point guns at FMPD officers