FORT MYERS, Fla.- The Red Cross is partnering with Florida Gulf Coast University to show a film called "The Welcome," about the struggles some veterans and their families face adjusting to life back home.
The special movie event is set for Wednesday, November 14 from 6:30-9 p.m. in the Sugden Welcome Center at FGCU.
Admission is free but you need to reserve a spot. Call 239-278-3401 to RSVP.
Red Cross leaders hope the film will show people that families often face hardships, as well as veterans, when their loved ones return home from serving our country.
- $590M-plus Powerball: 1 winning ticket sold in Florida
- 20-year-old girl dies in Cape Coral scooter crash
- Bikers participate in Collier County 'Freedom Ride'
- Standing room only at 2013 Hurricane Expo
- Body of autistic boy vacationing in Fla. is found
- Fla. Gov. will veto 3 percent college tuition hike
- Fla. gov. steps up pace on signing death warrants
- Friends Mourn Friend Killed in Motor Scooter Crash
- Hundreds of bikers honor military with Freedom Ride 2013
- Click it or Ticket campaign begins May 20th