|Published:||Nov 10, 2012 7:07 PM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 10, 2012 7:07 PM EST|
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (AP) - Four days after the election, President Barack Obama can finally claim victory in Florida.
The state finished counting its votes Saturday. Obama was declared the winner, giving him a 332 to 206 final margin in the Electoral College.
Florida officials said Obama had 50 percent of the vote to Romney's 49.1 percent, a margin of about 74,000 votes.
The win gave Obama victories in eight of nine critical swing states, losing only North Carolina. In addition to Florida, he won Ohio, Iowa, New Hampshire, Wisconsin, Virginia, Colorado and Nevada.
- 10 whales dead, dozens stranded in Everglades
- Suspect in custody after Orlando-area school shooting
- 'Hazmat situation' determined not suspicious
- Support for smack cam victim grows, victim responds
- Water main break blocks Hancock Bridge Pkwy near US 41
- Alamo gun range set to open in February in Naples
- Toddler apparently drowned in canal
- Woman charged with DUI, crashing into school bus
- Grace Church's worm farms help students with special needs
- New marina, dry boat storage facility in Cape Coral