|Published:||Nov 10, 2012 6:00 PM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 10, 2012 7:06 PM EST|
FORT MYERS, Fla.- Fort Myers Police are investigating a deadly shooting on Kingsman Circle in Fort Myers. Two people were shot. Police say Jonathan Rodriguez died at Lee Memorial Hospital, while Willie Fletcher sustained non-life threatening injuries.
Neighbors say they heard about seven gunshots and came outside to see what was going on.
"When I came outside here the girl that was over there was screaming that they had shot him and he was down and she was just very hysterical. So at that time I went in the house and made the 911 call," said JoAnne Beeson.
Police are calling this a homicide and are still searching for the shooter. This makes it the 21st homicide in Fort Myers in 2012. Authorities do not know what the shooter looks like or what car the shooter was driving.
Another man was killed overnight on Prospect Circle off Palm Beach Boulevard. That case it is not yet being called a murder because it is still under investigation with the potential crime of manslaughter.
- Woman takes wallet left at Walmart, uses debit card
- Annual 'Red, White & BOOM!' celebration comes to an end
- Redmond: Man charged with spreading HIV wants case dropped
- Elderly Naples man accused of molesting special needs teen
- Mother accused of doing 'whippets' while baby was present
- A feud between fire and EMS could soon come to an end
- G. Weaver Hipps Elementary collects supplies for foster kids
- Family surprises neighbors with 'Random Acts of Kindness'
- Lee County school board votes to make school day longer
- Caretaker allegedly takes more than $11,300 from victim