|Published:||Nov 09, 2012 8:04 AM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 09, 2012 11:51 AM EST|
WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. (AP) - Democrat Patrick Murphy says he's heading to Washington next week.
Murphy is leading in the District 18 congressional race against incumbent Congressman Alan West, but the Republican has refused to concede and is taking his battle to court.
Murphy says he's comfortable with his margin of victory and plans to attend the House's freshman orientation.
Both sides are due in court Friday. West's campaign is asking for voting machines and ballots in Palm Beach County to be impounded.
Murphy holds a 2,456-vote lead over West in the unofficial tally. West says he's simply trying to ensure the electoral process is transparent and all votes are counted.
- FGCU one win away from NCAA Tournament appearance
- Teens arrested with gun at school were searched Wednesday
- Sailboat off Marco Island tries to ride out Thursday's storm
- Search continues for missing spring breaker
- Fla. teen shot by grandfather during argument
- Suspected police impersonator was fed agent
- Cape Coral firefighters investigating trash compactor fire
- Gay-straight club lawsuit to be move forward
- Judge: tainted evidence not enough to free inmate
- Obama to promote education agenda at Miami school