|Published:||Nov 09, 2012 8:04 AM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 09, 2012 11:51 AM EST|
WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. (AP) - Democrat Patrick Murphy says he's heading to Washington next week.
Murphy is leading in the District 18 congressional race against incumbent Congressman Alan West, but the Republican has refused to concede and is taking his battle to court.
Murphy says he's comfortable with his margin of victory and plans to attend the House's freshman orientation.
Both sides are due in court Friday. West's campaign is asking for voting machines and ballots in Palm Beach County to be impounded.
Murphy holds a 2,456-vote lead over West in the unofficial tally. West says he's simply trying to ensure the electoral process is transparent and all votes are counted.
- Suspects in San Carlos Park home invasion caught
- FHP releases final report on deadly Alligator Alley Accident
- How you can help tornado victims in Oklahoma
- Charlotte detectives look for suspect in credit card fraud
- Judge steps down in Watlington vs. McGregor Baptist case
- Fort Myers Florist launches DIY wedding flower sessions
- Company offers extra protection to gun owners
- LCEC warning customers about customer service imposters
- How hurricanes get their names
- SWFL residents reach out to family in tornado-stricken Moore