|Published:||Nov 09, 2012 8:04 AM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 09, 2012 11:51 AM EST|
WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. (AP) - Democrat Patrick Murphy says he's heading to Washington next week.
Murphy is leading in the District 18 congressional race against incumbent Congressman Alan West, but the Republican has refused to concede and is taking his battle to court.
Murphy says he's comfortable with his margin of victory and plans to attend the House's freshman orientation.
Both sides are due in court Friday. West's campaign is asking for voting machines and ballots in Palm Beach County to be impounded.
Murphy holds a 2,456-vote lead over West in the unofficial tally. West says he's simply trying to ensure the electoral process is transparent and all votes are counted.
- Pilot whales change course, move closer to shore
- 2 die in South Florida motorcycle crash
- SWFL gathering Saturday to support elderly smack cam victim
- Man catches dog thief in the act
- Post Office offers help on Sundays
- Edcational app making the grade in Lee County Schools
- Ft. Myers woman reflects on Mandela, growing up in S. Africa
- Garrod Drywall burglary suspect blacks out cameras
- Couple killed while crossing US 1 in central Fla.
- Naples beach renourishment project set to wrap up next week