|Published:||Nov 09, 2012 6:37 PM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 09, 2012 6:40 PM EST|
CAPE CORAL, Fla. - A volunteer with the Cape Coral Police Department is dead after a crash around 11 a.m. Friday morning. Joseph hartley was killed when his truck rolled over near NW 2nd Terrace and Burnt Store Road.
Hartley was traveling Northbound on Burnt Store Road. For unknown reasons, he drifted into the Southbound land, missing one vehicle and striking a second. The collision with the vehicle, a box truck from BMG Plumbing sent Hartley off of the side of the roadway.
His vehicle flipped and landed upside down on the west side on Burnt Store in a ditch. Hartley was transported to Cape Coral Hospital where he later died from his injuries. One other driver suffered minor injuries but refused medical attention.
According to Cape Coral Police drugs or alcohol were not involved.
- Rep. Trey Radel says he will not resign from Congress
- Driver suffers medical emergency, crashes into Cape home
- Cape murder/attempted suicide suspect released from hospital
- Man reportedly tried to lure 11 y/o into his vehicle
- Teen allegedly behind 'smack cam' video appears in court
- McGregor Blvd.now open after vehicle hits pedestrian
- Crash at controversial intersection with new traffic light
- United Airlines begins non-stop service from RSW to Denver
- 1 Florida Lotto player wins $46 million jackpot
- Wildlife officials say pelican injuries are on the rise