|Published:||Nov 08, 2012 2:09 PM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 08, 2012 2:09 PM EST|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- Thanksgiving is around the corner and there's a turkey shortage at the Harry Chapin Food Bank. The charity says it still needs 3,000 birds for families in need.
You can help by dropping off turkeys or donations of $15, which is the cost of a turkey, to the Harry Chapin Food Bank Warehouse.
Turkeys can be dropped off at 3760 Fowler Street in Fort Myers (33901), or 2221 Corporation Blvd. in Naples (34109). Checks can be mailed to the same addresses. You can also make a secure donation online at www.harrychapinfoodbank.org.
- Charlotte deputies ID body found in burned garage
- Two arrested in Fort Myers drug bust
- LCSO detectives search for gas station burglary suspect
- Hazmat team responds to chlorine leak at CCI
- Part of Collier Blvd. closed due to downed power line
- Post-recession reinvention: the pet food business
- Dr. Nancy Graham sworn in as Lee County Superintendent
- Lee County Schools want to spend $180,000 on marketing
- Passerby pulls floating 5 year-old from North Naples pond
- Beach-goers keeping an eye on the waves in the Gulf