|Published:||Nov 08, 2012 10:39 AM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 08, 2012 10:39 AM EST|
FORT MYERS, Fla.- Police seized drugs and guns, and arrested 23-year-old Desmond Garlin on Wednesday after complaints that drugs were being sold from his residence.
The Fort Myers Police Department’s Special Investigations Group with the assistance of SWAT, community policing, housing and patrol officers conducted a lawful search warrant at 3238 C Street. The investigation was the result of information gathered by detectives in reference to people selling illegal drugs from within the home.
Police seized 24 grams of Marijuana packaged for street distribution, 8.5 grams of Cocaine Hcl also packaged for street distribution, 3.5 grams of Oxycodone, 1.5 grams of MDMA and numerous items of drug paraphernalia used for the packaging weighing and distribution of illicit drugs. Police also seized an assault rifle and $416.
Garlin faces charges of possession of cocaine with the intent to sell, possession of MDMA, possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia.
The total street value of drugs seized was $1,000.
- Suspects in San Carlos Park home invasion caught
- Charlotte detectives look for suspect in credit card fraud
- How you can help tornado victims in Oklahoma
- FBI: Man fatally shot in Boston bombing probe
- Judge steps down in Watlington vs. McGregor Baptist case
- Festival of Dance to feature many genres this weekend
- Boil water notice in effect after Cape water main break
- South Fla. Water Management District chief resigns
- Melbourne Beach mayor steps down amid tension
- Homes next to Seffner sinkhole to be demolished