|Published:||Nov 08, 2012 10:48 AM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 08, 2012 6:04 PM EST|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- A second southbound lane of I-75 has been re-opened, with a reduced speed limit of 50 mph for safety in the construction zone, at Daniels Parkway. Northbound I-75 at Daniels has a 60 mph speed limit. Law enforcement is on the scene strictly enforcing these limits.
The northbound on-ramp to I-75 from Daniels is also closed.
Crews are removing and patching damaged concrete beams on the overpass, after a semi truck exceeded the maximum height limit and struck the overpass on Tuesday afternoon.
Repairs will happen around the clock until completeion, which is expected in December.
The state will be reimbursed for this work by the truck driver's insurance company. At this time, a cost has not been estimated.
- No one hurt in North Fort Myers mobile home fire
- Hancock Bridge Pkwy near US 41 still closed Thursday morning
- Lehigh family wants schoolbus back
- School bus catches fire in Lehigh Acres
- Rescuers work to herd stranded whales away from SWFL shore
- Oma's Heart to give out last vouchers for holiday toys
- Legal fate of FSU quarterback to be answered
- EXCLUSIVE: Watlington family looking ahead, but still grieve