|Published:||Nov 08, 2012 10:48 AM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 08, 2012 6:04 PM EST|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- A second southbound lane of I-75 has been re-opened, with a reduced speed limit of 50 mph for safety in the construction zone, at Daniels Parkway. Northbound I-75 at Daniels has a 60 mph speed limit. Law enforcement is on the scene strictly enforcing these limits.
The northbound on-ramp to I-75 from Daniels is also closed.
Crews are removing and patching damaged concrete beams on the overpass, after a semi truck exceeded the maximum height limit and struck the overpass on Tuesday afternoon.
Repairs will happen around the clock until completeion, which is expected in December.
The state will be reimbursed for this work by the truck driver's insurance company. At this time, a cost has not been estimated.
- Suspects in San Carlos Park home invasion caught
- FHP investigating accident Lehigh Acres
- State Board of Education to get legislative update
- How you can help tornado victims in Oklahoma
- Spada to host salon & spa event for at-risk girls
- Lee school board narrows down supt. search
- Vandals cause damage at St. Leo's Catholic church
- Florida emergency officials ready to assist OK victims
- McGregor Baptist offers way to Help Tornado Victims
- Mote Marine asking people to keep eye out for whale sharks