|Published:||Nov 07, 2012 12:31 PM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 07, 2012 5:02 PM EST|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- A major accident continues to cause problems on Daniels Parkway and I-75. Several lanes of the highway both north and southbound, as well as Daniels Parkway in both directions, remain closed after a truck hit the overpass late Tuesday afternoon.
Southbound I-75 currently has one lane open while northbound I-75 has two lanes open.
The northbound on-ramp from eastbound Daniels is closed and will remain that way through December. Drivers are being redirected to Treeline northbound to Colonial Boulevard.
A tractor trailer clipped the bottom of the overpass at 3:00 p.m. Tuesday, compromising the structural integrity.
Crews are out today and repairs are anticipated to take place through early December.
Multiple beams were damaged, but the bridge is considered safe.
Nighttime closures are to be expected. FDOT says plan extra travel time.
- Deputies find body at scene of Pt. Charlotte house fire
- FMPD arrests women caught on camera stealing lotto tickets
- Woman faces DUI charges after crash involving 6 children
- 4 Collier Co. children involved in 2 near drowning incidents
- Witnesses says Naples man killed ducklings with a broom
- Chrysler agrees to recall of Jeeps at risk of fire
- Top choice drops out of consideration for Lee Co. Manager
- Twins minor league team involved in Fla. crash
- DCF investigates Cape Coral infant's death
- LDAS seeks information regarding 2nd recent cat shooting