|Published:||Nov 07, 2012 12:31 PM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 07, 2012 5:02 PM EST|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- A major accident continues to cause problems on Daniels Parkway and I-75. Several lanes of the highway both north and southbound, as well as Daniels Parkway in both directions, remain closed after a truck hit the overpass late Tuesday afternoon.
Southbound I-75 currently has one lane open while northbound I-75 has two lanes open.
The northbound on-ramp from eastbound Daniels is closed and will remain that way through December. Drivers are being redirected to Treeline northbound to Colonial Boulevard.
A tractor trailer clipped the bottom of the overpass at 3:00 p.m. Tuesday, compromising the structural integrity.
Crews are out today and repairs are anticipated to take place through early December.
Multiple beams were damaged, but the bridge is considered safe.
Nighttime closures are to be expected. FDOT says plan extra travel time.
- 10 whales dead, dozens stranded in Everglades
- Update: Cape Coral kid hit by car doing 'a lot better'
- Suspect in custody after Orlando-area school shooting
- Sheriff: Fla. man kills wife, son with crossbow
- Gifts, volunteers needed for adopt-a-senior holiday program
- 'Hazmat situation' determined not suspicious
- Support for smack cam victim grows, victim responds
- Pt. Charlotte street closed due to roadway collapse
- Water main break blocks Hancock Bridge Pkwy near US 41
- Grinch steals Christmas trees from Lemon Bay students