|Published:||Nov 07, 2012 11:41 PM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 08, 2012 2:31 PM EST|
LEHIGH ACRES, Fla.- The Lee County Sheriff's office is investigating a home invasion in Lehigh Acres. It happened just before 5:30 Wednesday night at home on the 3000 block of 25th Street W.
Investigators tell WINK News three masked men stole the homeowners' SUV.
According to the incident report, a female victim was in her front yard when she witnessed the three suspects putting on masks and holding, what she believed were, 9mm handguns. She told deputies they forced her back into her home.
The victim said she was forced to sit on the couch while the suspects went through each room of her home, taking a computer, jewelry, clothes and cell phones.
Two other victims were inside the house at the time and their accounts of what happened were the same. One of them called 911 when the suspects left.
Deputies set up a perimeter to try to find the suspects, but that search was called off. They did find a "Scream" movie mask, that had been dropped by one of the suspects, in the neighbor's driveway.
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- Punta Gorda victim of theft follows and detains suspect
- Cape PD warns residents of housing scam
- Woman allegedly threatened to shoot man as he walked his dog
- 3 headliners cancel music performances at SeaWorld
- Florida skydiver falls with tangled parachute
- NTSB releases preliminary report on Fla. jet crash
- Lottery sales suspended at stores raided for illegal drugs
- 3 people killed in Florida Panhandle boat crash