|Published:||Nov 07, 2012 3:47 PM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 07, 2012 3:47 PM EST|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- Florida Repertory Theater has finally completed its expansion after months of construction. The space is re-opening its doors to one of Southwest Florida's only theater in the round.
More than half of the $300,000 needed for the project came from local donations.
The opening, on November 2nd, allowed the audience two different options: a traditional 400-seat theater and the new, intimate, 120-seat theater. It opened with a nearly sold-out performance of "Camping with Henry and Tom," based on actual events between Henry Ford and Thomas Edison.
- Woman takes wallet left at Walmart, uses debit card
- Annual 'Red, White & BOOM!' celebration comes to an end
- Redmond: Man charged with spreading HIV wants case dropped
- Caretaker allegedly takes more than $11,300 from victim
- A feud between fire and EMS could soon come to an end
- WINK News gets Collier call center employees back pay
- Four Lee County Schools will have extended hours in January
- Cape Coral Elks Lodge forced to shut its doors
- Red drift algae could pile up on SWFL beaches in 2014
- Closing of Fla. power plant will take 60 years