|Published:||Nov 07, 2012 3:47 PM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 07, 2012 3:47 PM EST|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- Florida Repertory Theater has finally completed its expansion after months of construction. The space is re-opening its doors to one of Southwest Florida's only theater in the round.
More than half of the $300,000 needed for the project came from local donations.
The opening, on November 2nd, allowed the audience two different options: a traditional 400-seat theater and the new, intimate, 120-seat theater. It opened with a nearly sold-out performance of "Camping with Henry and Tom," based on actual events between Henry Ford and Thomas Edison.
- Family hospitalized after eating meat with LSD
- Fmr Cape resident accused of attempted sex trafficking
- Music Man Redux - Teacher needs instruments for good cause
- Alva students arrested for gun, caught with ammo day before
- SUV sinks into hole in Cape Coral construction project
- Neighbors saw red flags ahead of animal cruelty arrest
- Fire officials say radios need upgrades by 2017
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp Festival returns
- Ex-inmate sues DeSoto Sheriff's Office for millions
- 6-foot-long pet snake has surgery after eating a towel