|Published:||Nov 07, 2012 11:52 AM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 07, 2012 1:01 PM EST|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- Elections Supervisor Sharon Harrington has just wrapped up a press conference to respond to voter outrage at long lines on Election Day. The number of scanners available to the county and the number available to send out to precincts are the big issues being addressed.
Some Lee County voters waited as long as five hours, others waited all that time only to be told they had been given the wrong precinct.
At one point, Harrington broke down in tears while speaking about the issues.
When confronted with some voters request for her to resign in light of what happened, she said she had no plans to do so.
- Suspects in San Carlos Park home invasion caught
- FHP investigating accident Lehigh Acres
- State Board of Education to get legislative update
- Cape councilman McClain stays
- Spada to host salon & spa event for at-risk girls
- How you can help tornado victims in Oklahoma
- Lee school board narrows down supt. search
- Florida emergency officials ready to assist OK victims
- McGregor Baptist offers way to Help Tornado Victims
- Vandals cause damage at St. Leo's Catholic church