|Published:||Nov 07, 2012 11:32 PM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 08, 2012 10:22 AM EST|
CAPE CORAL, Fla.-Cape Coral's new Community Redevelopment Agency, made up of city council members, voted to terminate current Executive Director John Jacobsen.
Jacobsen will be placed on leave Monday. That leave will continue until his contract expires in February 2013.
Jacobsen agreed to remain 'on call' as a consultant while the new board transitions into power.
City Manager John Szerlag will take over as executive director.
- Pilot whales stranded in Everglades National Park
- Update: Cape Coral kid hit by car doing 'a lot better'
- Cops: Man shoots friend while watching football
- Gifts, volunteers needed for adopt-a-senior holiday program
- Pt. Charlotte street closed due to roadway collapse
- 2 Keys men get prison for wildlife trafficking
- Sheriff: Fla. man kills wife, son with crossbow
- Accused robber shoots self before arrest
- Former Cape mayoral candidate faces fraud charge
- Grinch steals Christmas trees from Lemon Bay students