CAPE CORAL, Fla.-Cape Coral's new Community Redevelopment Agency, made up of city council members, voted to terminate current Executive Director John Jacobsen.
Jacobsen will be placed on leave Monday. That leave will continue until his contract expires in February 2013.
Jacobsen agreed to remain 'on call' as a consultant while the new board transitions into power.
City Manager John Szerlag will take over as executive director.
- Friends Mourn Friend Killed in Motor Scooter Crash
- Body of autistic boy vacationing in Fla. is found
- Fla. gov. steps up pace on signing death warrants
- Fla. Gov. will veto 3 percent college tuition hike
- Consumer group flags high SPF ratings on sunscreen
- Click it or Ticket campaign begins May 20th
- Shooting investigation in North Fort Myers