WINK News has team coverage across Southwest Florida to check in on polling places.
Many voters in Lee County are encountering long lines due to the longer than usual ballot. Voters are encouraged to be patient.
Despite some rain, the Supervisor of Elections in Charlotte County says they've had no problems so far. Voters told us they waited a minimal amount of time.
A record turnout is expected in Collier County where more than 50 percent of registered voters have already cast a ballot. There are 60 voting locations in Naples and voters tell us they are waiting about 30 minutes or so. People have been lined up all morning waiting to cast their ballot. The elections office predicts about 50,000 people will vote today alone, and 15,000 already had by 10:00 a.m. But they're hoping to keep wait times relatively short in Collier County, because so many people voted early. About two thirds of expected voters cast an early or absentee ballot. There was one voting delay at an Immokalee precinct, but otherwise no complaints to the elections office.
Don't forget to bring your sample ballot with you to speed up the process.
- Second Lee County bank robbed, suspects in custody
- Fatal crash on Golden Gate Parkway
- Fire at North Fort Myers home causes extensive damage
- Florida is #2 for internet crime complaints
- Deputies: 86-year-old Fla. mom shoots, kills son
- Fla. man trapped in car, dies from complications
- Heroes rescue disabled Fla. vet from pond