|Published:||Nov 06, 2012 7:31 PM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 06, 2012 7:39 PM EST|
CAPE CORAL, Fl. - One Cape Coral man called his voting experience 'chaos' and says Lee County Supervisor of Elections, Sharon Harrington should resign.
Royce Haas voted at precinct 98 in the Cape. He says it took him more than two hours to cast his ballot even though there were only about 100 people in front of him. He says while he was in line, the wait only got longer.
And in the span of an hour and a half, only three people had gotten through the door.
"I and others have been voting at precinct 98 for 10 years and have never run into such chaos like we had today...Miss Harrington was on the last ballot... and if she was on the ballot today there's no way she would have been re-elected," Haas says.
Harrington tells us there were fewer polling places this election. Roughly 125 compared to 170 before. She say that's partly because of budget decisions and partly because of consolidating polling sites.
- Family hospitalized after eating meat with LSD
- Fmr Cape resident accused of attempted sex trafficking
- Music Man Redux - Teacher needs instruments for good cause
- Alva students arrested for gun, caught with ammo day before
- SUV sinks into hole in Cape Coral construction project
- Neighbors saw red flags ahead of animal cruelty arrest
- Fire officials say radios need upgrades by 2017
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp Festival returns
- Ex-inmate sues DeSoto Sheriff's Office for millions
- 6-foot-long pet snake has surgery after eating a towel