|Published:||Nov 06, 2012 7:00 PM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 06, 2012 1:16 PM EST|
LEE COUNTY, FL - Questions over the list of Amendments on the ballot abound. So WINK News will be working to explain them, all the way up to election day. The first proposed Amendment to Florida's constitution your feelings regarding the President's Health Care Act. Many states across the country cried foul at being "forced" to mandate health coverage to employers and citizens. If you feel the Federal Government SHOULD NOT be allowed to force healthcare on the citizens of Florida and that the STATE CONSTITUTION should be AMENDED to reflect that, then you should vote YES. If you agree with the President's Health Care Plan and DO NOT want Florida's Constitution amended you should vote NO. One important thing to remember, which ever way you choose to vote, laws handed down by the Federal Government trump State laws. This vote is mostly symbolic.
For clarification of Amendment 2, click here.
To better understand Amendment 3, click here.
To review Amendment 4, click here.
For more information on Amendment 12, click here.
- Suspects in San Carlos Park home invasion caught
- FHP investigating accident Lehigh Acres
- State Board of Education to get legislative update
- Cape councilman McClain stays
- Spada to host salon & spa event for at-risk girls
- How you can help tornado victims in Oklahoma
- Lee school board narrows down supt. search
- Florida emergency officials ready to assist OK victims
- McGregor Baptist offers way to Help Tornado Victims
- Vandals cause damage at St. Leo's Catholic church