|Published:||Nov 05, 2012 7:08 AM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 05, 2012 7:08 AM EST|
DALLAS (AP) - Southwest Airlines Co. has begun flights to the southernmost city in the continental United States.
Dallas-based Southwest on Sunday began service to Key West International Airport.
Key West, Fla., became the 78th city served by Southwest. Key West formerly was served by AirTran Airways, which Southwest purchased last year.
Southwest plans to eventually discontinue the AirTran brand but that could take several years.
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- CCSO: Man threatens to shoot deputy during domestic dispute
- Mandela ceremony interpreter deemed a 'fake'
- Mobile home destroyed in North Fort Myers fire
- No plans to remove wreckage from fatal boat crash
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- S Fla biologist recovering after rattlesnake bite
- Historic central Fla. house moved on barge
- Salvation Army receives another 'Mimi coin' donation
- Fla. man guilty in taxi, food delivery robberies