|Published:||Nov 05, 2012 7:08 AM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 05, 2012 7:08 AM EST|
DALLAS (AP) - Southwest Airlines Co. has begun flights to the southernmost city in the continental United States.
Dallas-based Southwest on Sunday began service to Key West International Airport.
Key West, Fla., became the 78th city served by Southwest. Key West formerly was served by AirTran Airways, which Southwest purchased last year.
Southwest plans to eventually discontinue the AirTran brand but that could take several years.
- Family hospitalized after eating meat with LSD
- Fmr Cape resident accused of attempted sex trafficking
- Music Man Redux - Teacher needs instruments for good cause
- Alva students arrested for gun, caught with ammo day before
- SUV sinks into hole in Cape Coral construction project
- Neighbors saw red flags ahead of animal cruelty arrest
- Fire officials say radios need upgrades by 2017
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp Festival returns
- Ex-inmate sues DeSoto Sheriff's Office for millions
- 6-foot-long pet snake has surgery after eating a towel