|Published:||Nov 05, 2012 7:08 AM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 05, 2012 7:08 AM EST|
DALLAS (AP) - Southwest Airlines Co. has begun flights to the southernmost city in the continental United States.
Dallas-based Southwest on Sunday began service to Key West International Airport.
Key West, Fla., became the 78th city served by Southwest. Key West formerly was served by AirTran Airways, which Southwest purchased last year.
Southwest plans to eventually discontinue the AirTran brand but that could take several years.
- Hostage situation ends in house fire, man found dead inside
- Ft. Myers man dies in New Jersey crash, wife critically hurt
- FWC relocates largest black bear captured in Fla.
- Sun Splash Waterpark begins summer hours Friday
- Desoto officials search for missing Nocatee man
- Union vote set for some Lee Co. government workers
- Investigation determines electrical problems caused bus fire
- Crash with injuries on Veterans at Chiquita blocks traffic
- Salvation Army of Fla. assists Oklahoma tornado victims
- Island Park brush fire remains mostly contained