|Published:||Nov 05, 2012 9:21 PM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 05, 2012 11:38 PM EST|
FORT MYERS, Fla. - Fort Myers Police are investigating a death investigation near the Mobile gas station at the corner of Martin Luther King, Jr. Boulevard and Park 82 Drive. Upon arrival police located the man who was pronounced dead at the scene by Emergency Medical Services.
Investigators are working to determine how the man died, but our partners at the News Press say the case is being considered a deadly shooting. A witness, who didn't want to be identified, tells WINK News that he pulled into the gas station, heard a "pop" sound and then saw three men standing around a car.
Police are currently working to figure out the circumstances surrounding the man’s death as well as his identity. Anyone with information is asked to call FMPD at 321-7700, Crime Stoppers at 1-800-780-TIPS or text message C-R-I-M-E-S (274637) Keyword FMPD. Tipsters can remain anonymous.
- LCSO investigates a death at Edison State College
- Human remains found on Shell Point Blvd.
- Cape woman suffers serious burns after morning kitchen fire
- Ohio cop, wife face child neglect charge in Fla.
- FCAT writing results show improvement for Lee students
- Investigators: suspect lit flares in attic of Gateway home
- Collier deputies arrest 12 y/o girl for library bomb threat
- Charlotte Academy student embarassed, mother angry
- Lee Dept. of Health offers free pool testing kit
- Dog tests positive for rabies in Charlotte County