|Published:||Nov 05, 2012 9:21 PM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 05, 2012 11:38 PM EST|
FORT MYERS, Fla. - Fort Myers Police are investigating a death investigation near the Mobile gas station at the corner of Martin Luther King, Jr. Boulevard and Park 82 Drive. Upon arrival police located the man who was pronounced dead at the scene by Emergency Medical Services.
Investigators are working to determine how the man died, but our partners at the News Press say the case is being considered a deadly shooting. A witness, who didn't want to be identified, tells WINK News that he pulled into the gas station, heard a "pop" sound and then saw three men standing around a car.
Police are currently working to figure out the circumstances surrounding the man’s death as well as his identity. Anyone with information is asked to call FMPD at 321-7700, Crime Stoppers at 1-800-780-TIPS or text message C-R-I-M-E-S (274637) Keyword FMPD. Tipsters can remain anonymous.
- Person of interest in Lehigh Acres killings spotted in SC
- Gov. Scott wants to cut auto registration fees
- 3-year-old allegedly sets Cape Coral apartment fire
- Retired NFL player becomes head coach for NFMHS football
- Fla man jailed after losing $100 in card game
- Woman allegedly caught on camera taking wallet, using card
- Bike run to benefit Toys for Tots this Saturday
- Lee-DOH reports 5 raccoon bites in less than 3 weeks
- Boy, 4, may have died of bacterial meningitis
- St. Pete woman accidentally shot boyfriend