|Published:||Nov 05, 2012 10:08 AM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 05, 2012 10:08 AM EST|
OCOEE, Fla. (AP) - The Florida Highway Patrol says one teen died and another was injured after one of their all-terrain vehicle stalled in the road.
The Orlando Sentinel (http://thesent.nl/U3UWEv ) reports an oncoming SUV came over a crest in the road Sunday and hit the ATV as the teens were trying to tow it off the road.
According to FHP, 16-year-old Dustin Michael Thompson died at the scene and 14-year-old Aylyssa McClelland was seriously injured.
The SUV's driver, 57-year-old Everett Bryant, was taken to the hospital with minor injuries.
FHP is investigating the crash.
Information from: Orlando (Fla.) Sentinel, http://www.orlandosentinel.com
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Deputies find body at scene of Pt. Charlotte house fire
- 4 Collier Co. children involved in 2 near drowning incidents
- Top choice drops out of consideration for Lee Co. Manager
- Storage unit swiper targets Cape Coral facility
- LDAS seeks information regarding 2nd recent cat shooting
- Man allegedly shoots step-son in face for being a 'moocher'
- Immokalee Rd. reopens after 2 crashes, moments apart
- Teen bound up as crooks raid home
- Oil rig up for consideration at Immokalee Airport
- Four kids hospitalized after two separate near drownings