|Published:||Nov 05, 2012 10:08 AM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 05, 2012 10:08 AM EST|
OCOEE, Fla. (AP) - The Florida Highway Patrol says one teen died and another was injured after one of their all-terrain vehicle stalled in the road.
The Orlando Sentinel (http://thesent.nl/U3UWEv ) reports an oncoming SUV came over a crest in the road Sunday and hit the ATV as the teens were trying to tow it off the road.
According to FHP, 16-year-old Dustin Michael Thompson died at the scene and 14-year-old Aylyssa McClelland was seriously injured.
The SUV's driver, 57-year-old Everett Bryant, was taken to the hospital with minor injuries.
FHP is investigating the crash.
Information from: Orlando (Fla.) Sentinel, http://www.orlandosentinel.com
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Woman takes wallet left at Walmart, uses debit card
- Annual 'Red, White & BOOM!' celebration comes to an end
- Redmond: Man charged with spreading HIV wants case dropped
- Caretaker allegedly takes more than $11,300 from victim
- A feud between fire and EMS could soon come to an end
- WINK News gets Collier call center employees back pay
- Four Lee County Schools will have extended hours in January
- Cape Coral Elks Lodge forced to shut its doors
- Red drift algae could pile up on SWFL beaches in 2014
- Closing of Fla. power plant will take 60 years