|Published:||Nov 04, 2012 3:42 PM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 04, 2012 3:42 PM EST|
FORT MYERS, Fla. - The Lee County Sheriff's Office is investigating a burglary at the Obama/Biden campaign office in south Fort Myers.
A campaign worker reported the break-in after arriving at the office Sunday morning. The employee found a glass front door had been smashed; the only item missing was a manila envelope with cash inside. Nothing else was reported missing, and no political statements were left behind.
Surveillance cameras caught an image of a male perrson of interest at the office overnight. The subject is a young white male with dark hair. He is wearing shorts and sandals and carrying a backpack as he walks near the campaign office.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Lee County Sheriff's Office at (239) 477-1000 or Southwest Florida Crime Stoppers at 1-800-780-TIPS.
- Hostage situation ends in house fire, man found dead inside
- Ft. Myers man dies in New Jersey crash, wife critically hurt
- FWC relocates largest black bear captured in Fla.
- Sun Splash Waterpark begins summer hours Friday
- Desoto officials search for missing Nocatee man
- Crash with injuries on Veterans at Chiquita blocks traffic
- Investigation determines electrical problems caused bus fire
- Union vote set for some Lee Co. government workers
- Island Park brush fire remains mostly contained
- Salvation Army of Fla. assists Oklahoma tornado victims