|Published:||Nov 04, 2012 3:42 PM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 04, 2012 3:42 PM EST|
FORT MYERS, Fla. - The Lee County Sheriff's Office is investigating a burglary at the Obama/Biden campaign office in south Fort Myers.
A campaign worker reported the break-in after arriving at the office Sunday morning. The employee found a glass front door had been smashed; the only item missing was a manila envelope with cash inside. Nothing else was reported missing, and no political statements were left behind.
Surveillance cameras caught an image of a male perrson of interest at the office overnight. The subject is a young white male with dark hair. He is wearing shorts and sandals and carrying a backpack as he walks near the campaign office.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Lee County Sheriff's Office at (239) 477-1000 or Southwest Florida Crime Stoppers at 1-800-780-TIPS.
- 10 whales dead, dozens stranded in Everglades
- 'Hazmat situation' determined not suspicious
- Support for smack cam victim grows, victim responds
- Alamo gun range set to open in February in Naples
- Toddler apparently drowned in canal
- Woman charged with DUI, crashing into school bus
- Grace Church's worm farms help students with special needs
- New marina, dry boat storage facility in Cape Coral
- Prosecutor: Sex investigation of FSU QB over
- EXCLUSIVE: Viewers call for change to San Carlos Park road