TAVARES, Fla. (AP) - A central Florida teen has been sentenced to life in prison for a fatal robbery.
A Lake County judge sentenced Ryan Ray on Friday. A jury found him guilty in July of first-degree murder.
Authorities say then-16-year-old Ray lured 39-year-old Jamin Monte Coyle from Lancaster, Ky., to central Florida in 2010. The Orlando Sentinel (http://thesent.nl/VIudPd ) reports that Ray had posed online as a 19-year-old interested in having sex with Coyle and then robbed and strangled the older man.
Ray's defense attorney argued that Ray was defending himself from unwanted sexual advances.
Information from: Orlando (Fla.) Sentinel, http://www.orlandosentinel.com
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Shooting investigation in North Fort Myers
- Group protests taxes in Cape Coral by a 'Call to Arms'
- Woman accused of faking sons' deaths won't face jail time
- FMPD on the scene at Bernwood Cove Apartments
- Small Fla. city anxious to learn jackpot winner
- Truck carrying mulch rolls over at Colonial & Plantation
- Jungle Golf fundraiser putts for patriots
- Baby found, father charged in South Fla.
- 2 bodies found in Chassahowitzka Forest in Fla.
- Deputies: Bartender, 3 patrons sliced by angry man