|Published:||Nov 02, 2012 10:12 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Nov 02, 2012 10:12 AM EDT|
PORT CHARLOTTE, Fla.- Charlotte County Sheriff's Major Crimes Unit detectives are asking the public for help in identifying the man who robbed SunTrust Bank, located at 18501 Murdock Circle in Murdock shortly after 3:00 p.m. on Thursday.
MCU detectives released a surveillance photo of the bank robber in hopes the public can help identify him. When the white male robbed the bank he was wearing a dark color jacket, sunglasses, light brown baseball cap turned around, sporting a goatee, and is about 5’-11” tall. Sticking out the bottom of his jacket was a red tee-shirt. The subject fled the bank on foot with an undetermined amount of cash.
CCSO detectives, deputies, and other units quickly set up a perimeter around the bank area; K9 and the helicopter searched the area but were unable to locate the subject. During the search, they located the dark colored jacket believed used by the bank robber. He was then reportedly seen wearing a red tee-shirt with sleeves cut off.
The investigation continues.
- Cape city workers find small mobile meth lab in the woods
- Cab driver saves family from mobile home fire
- Boil water notice in effect after N. Ft. Myers main break
- Officials: 35 pilot whales moving in deeper water
- Attorney: Winston relieved no charges in sex case
- JetBlue Airways opens flight route to Haiti
- FMPD arrests 3 teenaged vehicle burglary suspects
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- EXCLUSIVE: LeeTran driver speaks after possible bus shooting
- Fla. man charged in boy death eyed in 2nd killing