|Published:||Nov 02, 2012 6:07 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Nov 02, 2012 6:07 PM EDT|
POMPANO BEACH, Fla. (AP) - Authorities say a bank robbery suspect is dead following a vehicle chase that left one deputy injured.
The Broward Sheriff's Office reports that deputies responded to the Pompano Beach robbery Friday morning.
Later, Detective German Bickbau was chasing the suspect's truck on Interstate 95 when Bickbau executed an immobilization maneuver, causing the suspect to crash. Authorities say the suspect was armed when he crawled out of the wreckage, and two other deputies fatally shot him.
The South Florida Sun Sentinel (http://sunsent.nl/VIqqkJ ) reports that Bickbau was taken by helicopter to a Fort Lauderdale hospital. He had been complaining of back and abdomen pain after the crash.
Information from: South Florida Sun Sentinel (Fort Lauderdale, Fla.), http://www.sun sentinel.com
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Doctors find Mesac Damas incompetent to stand trial
- Woman allegedly steals iPhone 5S from Verizon Store
- Vehicle catches fire on Oil Well Rd.
- Salvage crews raise sunken luxury yacht
- CCSO investigates possible link in Waffle House robberies
- Dump truck and car crash on SW 20th Ave.
- Lee's family talks about new 911 dispatcher training
- Driver in crash that killed Cypress Lake grad was drunk
- Estero firefighters rescue impaled seagull
- Men allegedly point guns at FMPD officers