|Published:||Nov 02, 2012 10:29 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Nov 02, 2012 10:29 AM EDT|
OCALA, Fla. (AP) - Authorities say five people have been sent to the hospital after being overcome by fumes while using a generator inside their house in Ocala.
Ocala Fire Rescue spokesman Brian Stoothoff told the Ocala Star-Banner (http://bit.ly/Prcr4G ) that everyone in the house was suffering from carbon monoxide poisoning. Someone was able to call 911 shortly before 1 a.m. Friday.
The newspaper reports all five are expected to recover.
Carbon monoxide is a colorless and odorless. Stoothoff reminds people not to use generators inside their homes.
Information from: Ocala (Fla.) Star-Banner, http://www.starbanner.com/
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Family hospitalized after eating meat with LSD
- Fmr Cape resident accused of attempted sex trafficking
- Music Man Redux - Teacher needs instruments for good cause
- Alva students arrested for gun, caught with ammo day before
- SUV sinks into hole in Cape Coral construction project
- Neighbors saw red flags ahead of animal cruelty arrest
- Indictment accuses SWFL residents of human smuggling
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp Festival returns
- Fire officials say radios need upgrades by 2017
- Ex-inmate sues DeSoto Sheriff's Office for millions