|Published:||Nov 01, 2012 4:42 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Nov 01, 2012 4:42 PM EDT|
PUNTA GORDA, Fla.- The Charlotte County Sheriff's Office released more information that may help locate Phillip Gavin Barr, 43, wanted for First Degree Murder in the Oct. 1, 2001 death of Tara Sidarovich of Punta Gorda.
Barr was in the Florida Department of Corrections Glades Correctional Institute from Dec. 18, 2008 to May 3, 2009 serving time for Charlotte County drug charges. The DOC listed the numerous distinguishing tattoos on Barr. On his backare a Playboy Bunny and a mouse. Tattoos on hisleft arm include cards, a diamond, a cross, JH, and D. On his right arm are an Ice Man, a spider, and a skull with wings.
The Charlotte County Sheriff’s Cold Case Unit obtained new evidence and testimony and the State Attorney’s Office in the 20th Judicial Circuit issued arrest warrants for Barr and an accomplice, 39-year-old David Ray McMannis. McMannis was arrested Oct. 26 in Cumberland, Maryland, by members of the Allegany County Combined Criminal Investigative Unit. He waived extradition and will be returned to Charlotte County.
Barr has not been located and a nationwide search is under way. Attached is Barr’s Florida prison photo.
- Cab driver saves family from mobile home fire
- Boil water notice in effect after N. Ft. Myers main break
- School bus catches fire in Lehigh Acres
- Accuser in Winston case releases brief statement
- Cape Coral FD investigates meth lab found in the woods
- Kohl's keeps doors open 'round the clock until Christmas Eve
- Officials: At least 20 whales in deeper water
- Miami man allegedly hid drugs in truck's door panel
- Oma's Heart to give out last vouchers for holiday toys
- JetBlue Airways opens flight route to Haiti