|Published:||Nov 01, 2012 4:42 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Nov 01, 2012 4:42 PM EDT|
PUNTA GORDA, Fla.- The Charlotte County Sheriff's Office released more information that may help locate Phillip Gavin Barr, 43, wanted for First Degree Murder in the Oct. 1, 2001 death of Tara Sidarovich of Punta Gorda.
Barr was in the Florida Department of Corrections Glades Correctional Institute from Dec. 18, 2008 to May 3, 2009 serving time for Charlotte County drug charges. The DOC listed the numerous distinguishing tattoos on Barr. On his backare a Playboy Bunny and a mouse. Tattoos on hisleft arm include cards, a diamond, a cross, JH, and D. On his right arm are an Ice Man, a spider, and a skull with wings.
The Charlotte County Sheriff’s Cold Case Unit obtained new evidence and testimony and the State Attorney’s Office in the 20th Judicial Circuit issued arrest warrants for Barr and an accomplice, 39-year-old David Ray McMannis. McMannis was arrested Oct. 26 in Cumberland, Maryland, by members of the Allegany County Combined Criminal Investigative Unit. He waived extradition and will be returned to Charlotte County.
Barr has not been located and a nationwide search is under way. Attached is Barr’s Florida prison photo.
- FBI: Man fatally shot in Boston bombing probe
- Charlotte detectives look for suspect in credit card fraud
- Rollover shuts down part of SB I-75 at Colonial
- Report: mother at fault in fatal Alligator Alley crash
- Festival of Dance to feature many genres this weekend
- Fire shuts down Jersey's Sports Cafe
- IRS hits Miccosukee tribe with $170M tax bill
- Boil water notice in effect after Cape water main break
- Invalid DL leads to Port Charlotte drug arrest
- Man accused in 2012 Three Oaks murder appears in court