|Published:||Nov 01, 2012 12:37 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Nov 01, 2012 12:38 PM EDT|
ENGLEWOOD, Fla.- FHP investigated a collision that took place on the morning of October 25 between a Charlotte County Sheriff's Deputy and 36-year-old Rotonda West resident. It happened on SR 776 at the intersection of Wilmington Blvd.
Danielle Whitmore stopped her Chevy Traverse southbound at the posted stop sign at the intersection, waiting to cross SR 776.
Charlotte County Deputy John Walkuski was driving his cruiser westbound in the inside lane of travel, approaching the intersection.
The Chevy began to pull out in front of him, as the cruiser entered the intersection. The Chevy swerved to the right. The left rear of the Chevy was struck by the left front of cruiser, in the outside lane of travel. The Chevy rotated around, coming to rest in the outside lane of travel, facing north. The cruiser continued in a northwest direction, striking a stop sign along the northwest corner of the intersection with the front right.
Neither person involved was injured. Both were wearing seat belts and alcohol was not a factor in the crash.
Whitmore was cited for violating right of way.
- Man allegedly shoots at family, barricades himself in house
- Man shot to death while questioned in Boston probe
- Southbound I-75 reopens after rollover crash near Colonial
- Charlotte detectives look for suspect in credit card fraud
- Crews battle brush fire near Island Park
- Report: mother at fault in fatal Alligator Alley crash
- Fire shuts down Jersey's Sports Cafe
- IRS hits Miccosukee tribe with $170M tax bill
- SWFL soldier surprises kids live on WINK News
- Festival of Dance to feature many genres this weekend