WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. (AP) - National Adoption Month kicks off in Palm Beach County.
More than a dozen children will be adopted during an event Thursday at the courthouse in West Palm Beach, marking the start of National Adoption Month. Palm Beach County kicks off statewide celebrations for November.
In attendance will be Department of Children and Families Secretary David Wilkins and Florida's Chief Child Advocate Zack Gibson, among others.
For more information about adoptions in Florida visit www.adoptflorida.org.
- Second Lee County bank robbed, suspects in custody
- Fatal crash on Golden Gate Parkway
- Florida is #2 for internet crime complaints
- Deputies: 86-year-old Fla. mom shoots, kills son
- Fla. man trapped in car, dies from complications
- Heroes rescue disabled Fla. vet from pond
- SWFL man's dream vacation turns into nightmare