|Published:||Nov 01, 2012 7:53 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Nov 01, 2012 10:13 AM EDT|
WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. (AP) - National Adoption Month kicks off in Palm Beach County.
More than a dozen children will be adopted during an event Thursday at the courthouse in West Palm Beach, marking the start of National Adoption Month. Palm Beach County kicks off statewide celebrations for November.
In attendance will be Department of Children and Families Secretary David Wilkins and Florida's Chief Child Advocate Zack Gibson, among others.
For more information about adoptions in Florida visit www.adoptflorida.org.
- Cab driver saves family from mobile home fire
- Hancock Bridge Pkwy near US 41 still closed Thursday morning
- School bus catches fire in Lehigh Acres
- Kohl's keeps doors open 'round the clock until Christmas Eve
- Officials: At least 20 whales in deeper water
- Warrants detail accusations in Jameis Winston case
- Miami man allegedly hid drugs in truck's door panel
- Oma's Heart to give out last vouchers for holiday toys
- EXCLUSIVE: Watlington family looking ahead, but still grieve
- New bridge has glitch that keeps a section up for 30 minutes