|Published:||Nov 01, 2012 12:25 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Nov 01, 2012 12:25 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- On Halloween night, several local law enforcement agencies worked together to ensure Sex Offenders and Sexual Predators complied with the terms of their probation. The sex offenders were advised they are NOT to have Halloween decorations, no lights on, and they could not participate in the event. These agencies came together with an emphasis on insuring the children were safe while out “trick or treating” between the hours of 5:30 p.m. and 9:30 p.m.
Probation Officers focused on the following:
-Probation checks on the JLA (Jessica Lunsford Act) and high risk sex offenders
-In the Lehigh Acres/Gateway area, checking in at known Halloween festivities and monitoring the events to ensure sex offenders were not at these locations.
-Monitoring the malls, large churches, Greenwell’s Family Fun Park and conducting checks on Cape JLA offenders.
In a joint effort, the Lee County Sheriff’s Office Sexual Offender / Predator Unit and the following agencies visited 165 registered sex offender/predators homes last night:
-Cape Coral Police Department
-Fort Myers Police Department
-Collier County Probation
There were no arrests made for non-compliance during this operation.
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- Mandela ceremony interpreter deemed a 'fake'
- CCSO: Man threatens to shoot deputy during domestic dispute
- Mobile home destroyed in North Fort Myers fire
- No plans to remove wreckage from fatal boat crash
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- S Fla biologist recovering after rattlesnake bite
- Historic central Fla. house moved on barge
- Salvation Army receives another 'Mimi coin' donation
- Fla. man guilty in taxi, food delivery robberies