|Published:||Nov 01, 2012 10:12 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Nov 01, 2012 11:03 AM EDT|
MIAMI (AP) - A judge ordered a 72-year-old Miami man to serve 10 years in prison for a 2009 hit-and-run crash that killed a businessman.
The Miami Herald (http://hrld.us/RtXG11 ) reports Charles Bible will also serve 10 years of probation in the death of 36-year-old Rudy Garmendia. Garmendia's family agreed to Wednesday's plea deal to spare his family of the "gruesome details" of his death.
Authorities say Garmendia was changing a flat tire on the Dolphin Expressway when he was hit by Bible's truck. Bible fled but the Florida Highway Patrol found his truck within an hour.
The Herald reports Bible was shaking and struggling to speak in court as he apologized to the family.
Information from: The Miami Herald, http://www.herald.com
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- LCSO investigates a death at Edison State College
- Human remains found on Shell Point Blvd.
- Cape woman suffers serious burns after morning kitchen fire
- Ohio cop, wife face child neglect charge in Fla.
- Dr. Burke gives last speech before retirement
- Lee Dept. of Health offers free pool testing kit
- Investigators: suspect lit flares in attic of Gateway home
- Fla. woman meets son she gave up for adoption
- FCAT writing results show improvement for Lee students
- Third-grade FCAT math and reading scores static