|Published:||Nov 01, 2012 6:23 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Nov 01, 2012 6:55 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla.- A Downtown Fort Myers pizzeria is serving up something adventuresome. If it swims, crawls, or slithers in the Everglades, it's on Evan's Everglades pie.
Evan Daniell opened on Palm Beach Boulevard with his wife 11 years ago, but the Everglades pizza has only been on the menu for about a year.
WINK News dissected it down from crust to every Everglades creature.
It starts with homemade crust, tomato sauce, and is sprinkled with mozzarella cheese, but from there it takes an exotic twist.
The marsh meat toppings include: frog legs, wild hog, alligator, and python.
From there its smothered with swamp cabbage and finished off with Everglades seasoning.
Evan's came up with the pizza after the Everglades got so much media attention last year when burmese pythons preyed on alligators.
It seems to be working, the restaurant is swamped with requests.
"We get calls every day. Not everybody's going to want to try it, but at least it gets them talking about it," Daniell said.
The pizza is $45 to cover the $66 Daniell pays per pound of imported python.
If you'd like to try it yourself, Daniell asks that you give them 24 hours notice "for the kill."
- Lee County pursuit ends in crash in Collier County
- Fort Myers man arrested in road rage shooting incident
- Naples non-profit uses water therapy to help Veterans cope
- New video shows Hohensee's anger
- Beware of Memorial Day scams aimed at military personnel
- Gearing up for summer with Memorial Day travel
- Community comes together for Safety Fair & 5k
- Communications satellite launched into space
- FMPD arrests 10 on drug charges, looking for 9 more
- Request to exhume remains from panhandle school rejected