|Published:||Nov 01, 2012 6:23 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Nov 01, 2012 6:55 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla.- A Downtown Fort Myers pizzeria is serving up something adventuresome. If it swims, crawls, or slithers in the Everglades, it's on Evan's Everglades pie.
Evan Daniell opened on Palm Beach Boulevard with his wife 11 years ago, but the Everglades pizza has only been on the menu for about a year.
WINK News dissected it down from crust to every Everglades creature.
It starts with homemade crust, tomato sauce, and is sprinkled with mozzarella cheese, but from there it takes an exotic twist.
The marsh meat toppings include: frog legs, wild hog, alligator, and python.
From there its smothered with swamp cabbage and finished off with Everglades seasoning.
Evan's came up with the pizza after the Everglades got so much media attention last year when burmese pythons preyed on alligators.
It seems to be working, the restaurant is swamped with requests.
"We get calls every day. Not everybody's going to want to try it, but at least it gets them talking about it," Daniell said.
The pizza is $45 to cover the $66 Daniell pays per pound of imported python.
If you'd like to try it yourself, Daniell asks that you give them 24 hours notice "for the kill."
- Teacher accused of relationship with 18 y/o student resigns
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- CCSO: Man threatens to shoot deputy during domestic dispute
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- Judge approves Cape Coral fire assessment
- Salvation Army receives another 'Mimi coin' donation
- 1 suspect in Miami-Dade police manhunt identified
- Ida Baker assistant principal put on leave
- Police chief resigns in troubled Fla. city
- Radel makes Forbes' list of 'biggest career crashes of 2013'