|Published:||Nov 01, 2012 10:44 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Nov 01, 2012 10:44 AM EDT|
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) - Authorities say a Jacksonville teen has been charged with child neglect after her newborn daughter was abandoned outside a vacant apartment.
The 15-year-old was arrested Wednesday. Officials say the baby was only a few hours old when she was found Oct. 24. She was wrapped in a towel and had been left on the ground outside one of the units at Huntington Apartments.
The Florida Times-Union (http://bit.ly/TVEy8S ) reports the baby appeared to be healthy and was taken to a hospital.
The state Department of Children and Families is also investigating.
No further details were immediately available.
Information from: The (Jacksonville) Florida Times-Union, http://www.jacksonville.com
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- Punta Gorda victim of theft follows and detains suspect
- Cape PD warns residents of housing scam
- Woman allegedly threatened to shoot man as he walked his dog
- Florida skydiver falls with tangled parachute
- 3 headliners cancel music performances at SeaWorld
- Lee County Sheriff's deputies investigating copper theft
- NTSB releases preliminary report on Fla. jet crash
- Lottery sales suspended at stores raided for illegal drugs