|Published:||Nov 01, 2012 10:44 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Nov 01, 2012 10:44 AM EDT|
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) - Authorities say a Jacksonville teen has been charged with child neglect after her newborn daughter was abandoned outside a vacant apartment.
The 15-year-old was arrested Wednesday. Officials say the baby was only a few hours old when she was found Oct. 24. She was wrapped in a towel and had been left on the ground outside one of the units at Huntington Apartments.
The Florida Times-Union (http://bit.ly/TVEy8S ) reports the baby appeared to be healthy and was taken to a hospital.
The state Department of Children and Families is also investigating.
No further details were immediately available.
Information from: The (Jacksonville) Florida Times-Union, http://www.jacksonville.com
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Deputies find body at scene of Pt. Charlotte house fire
- FMPD arrests women caught on camera stealing lotto tickets
- Woman faces DUI charges after crash involving 6 children
- 4 Collier Co. children involved in 2 near drowning incidents
- Witnesses says Naples man killed ducklings with a broom
- Chrysler agrees to recall of Jeeps at risk of fire
- Top choice drops out of consideration for Lee Co. Manager
- Twins minor league team involved in Fla. crash
- DCF investigates Cape Coral infant's death
- LDAS seeks information regarding 2nd recent cat shooting