|Published:||Nov 01, 2012 10:47 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Nov 01, 2012 10:47 AM EDT|
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) - Orlando hospital executive Lars Houmann is the Florida Chamber of Commerce's new chairman.
The business group announced Houmann's election on Wednesday as board chairman for 2012-13. He will succeed Anthony Connelly, senior vice president of Walt Disney Parks & Resorts, on Nov. 1, and serve a one-year term.
Houmann is president and CEO of Florida Hospital and the Florida Division of Adventist Health System, which has 23 hospitals in the state.
He also currently serves as board chairman of the Metro Orlando Economic Development Commission and is a board member with the Florida Hospital Association.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Fort Myers criminal defense attorney commits suicide
- Child killed after being backed over by truck
- Arrest made in Port Charlotte party shooting
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp festival happening this weekend
- Skydiver, pilot treated after midair accident
- Coast Guard: 10 migrants repatriated back to Cuba