|Published:||Nov 01, 2012 10:47 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Nov 01, 2012 10:47 AM EDT|
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) - Orlando hospital executive Lars Houmann is the Florida Chamber of Commerce's new chairman.
The business group announced Houmann's election on Wednesday as board chairman for 2012-13. He will succeed Anthony Connelly, senior vice president of Walt Disney Parks & Resorts, on Nov. 1, and serve a one-year term.
Houmann is president and CEO of Florida Hospital and the Florida Division of Adventist Health System, which has 23 hospitals in the state.
He also currently serves as board chairman of the Metro Orlando Economic Development Commission and is a board member with the Florida Hospital Association.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- Punta Gorda victim of theft follows and detains suspect
- Lottery sales suspended at stores raided for illegal drugs
- CCSO: no reason to believe accused murderer heading to SWFL
- NTSB releases preliminary report on Fla. jet crash
- Man who rescued motorcycle rider, killed in crash on Friday
- 2nd bear suspected in woman's mauling euthanized
- Sentencing delayed for Tampa abortion drug case
- Winter weather causes delays, cancellations at RSW