|Published:||Nov 01, 2012 3:02 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Nov 01, 2012 3:05 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla. - Earlier this year, WINK News told you about a check ring fraud case that the Lee County Sheriff's Office and the Fort Myers Police Department are working on together. One of three suspects on the run has been arrested.
The check ring fraud cause involved more than 30 people being arrested so far for writing and cashing fake checks for nearly $75,000.
Michael Farace is at the Lee County Jail being held on a $7,500 bond. He's been charged with grand theft and possession of a forged check. He has a court date set for November 28.
Law enforcement is still searching for Rhonda Moore and Tenish Ruffin in connection to the check cashing ring.
- Suspects in San Carlos Park home invasion caught
- FHP releases final report on deadly Alligator Alley Accident
- How you can help tornado victims in Oklahoma
- Charlotte detectives look for suspect in credit card fraud
- Judge steps down in Watlington vs. McGregor Baptist case
- Fort Myers Florist launches DIY wedding flower sessions
- Company offers extra protection to gun owners
- How hurricanes get their names
- LCEC warning customers about customer service imposters
- SWFL residents reach out to family in tornado-stricken Moore