|Published:||Nov 01, 2012 3:02 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Nov 01, 2012 3:05 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla. - Earlier this year, WINK News told you about a check ring fraud case that the Lee County Sheriff's Office and the Fort Myers Police Department are working on together. One of three suspects on the run has been arrested.
The check ring fraud cause involved more than 30 people being arrested so far for writing and cashing fake checks for nearly $75,000.
Michael Farace is at the Lee County Jail being held on a $7,500 bond. He's been charged with grand theft and possession of a forged check. He has a court date set for November 28.
Law enforcement is still searching for Rhonda Moore and Tenish Ruffin in connection to the check cashing ring.
- Three hospitalized after early morning Cape Coral crash
- Lee deputies investigating death on Bokeelia. ID released
- Lee deputies searching for 7-Eleven robber
- Fort Myers criminal defense attorney commits suicide
- Charlotte County deputies investigate shooting at a party
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp festival happening this weekend