|Published:||Nov 01, 2012 10:37 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Nov 01, 2012 10:37 AM EDT|
PORT CHARLOTTE, Fla.- Charlotte County Sheriff's detectives arrested two convicted felons for stealing items from a Port Charlotte home and selling to a recycling business. Angela Lynn Galeone, 24, of 26512 Notre Dame Boulevard, and Shane Michael Breton, 26, of 112 Arlington Court, were arrested. This is Breton’s 24th booking and the 15th for Galeone.
On Oct. 17, the owners of a home in the 21900 block of Buxton Avenue called CCSO to report numerous items were stolen from their home. Items stolen included all the rain gutters around his home, three aluminum windows removed from the home, a microwave oven, silverware, pots and pans, dishes, an air conditioner, and parts off a chain link fence. One of the owners believed a former roommate, Shane Breton, may have been responsible for the theft.
Detectives located two neighborhood witnesses who said they saw two men and a woman removing items from the victim’s home and they were in a white work style van. Detectives then checked CCSO computer data and discovered Breton’s girlfriend was Angela Galeone. With the two names, detectives then searched the FINDER system for any pawned or recycled items. They found one transaction at Allied Recycling that Galeone made about an hour after the home burglary.
Detectives obtained the transaction form from Allied Recycling that Galeone signed along with her photo ID and thumbprint. Also found was video showing the white work style van backing up to unload the stolen window panes, pots and pans, and other items. The stolen items were positively identified by the owners. The investigation continues by detectives.
Galeone and Breton were located Thursday morning in Port Charlotte at 3:00 a.m. and transported to the Charlotte County Jail. Both are charged with Grand Theft, Dealing in Stolen Property, and False Verification of Ownership. They remain in jail on no bond.
- Punta Gorda victim of theft follows and detains suspect
- Lottery sales suspended at stores raided for illegal drugs
- CCSO: no reason to believe accused murderer heading to SWFL
- Man who rescued motorcycle rider, killed in crash on Friday
- Redmond HIV case could be thrown out under Fla. law
- SAO drops grand theft charge against fmr. commissioner
- APNewsBreak: Fla. congressman lost $18M in scheme
- Girlfriend wants charges dropped against Zimmerman
- Realtors and police warn of rental fraud hitting SWFL
- A feud between fire and EMS could soon come to an end