|Published:||Oct 31, 2012 1:00 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 31, 2012 1:00 PM EDT|
MIAMI (AP) - Wednesday is the last day to request an absentee ballot to be mailed to you in Florida.
State election officials say voters can still request an absentee ballot in person - even on election day - as long as it's turned in to the elections office by 7 p.m. on Nov. 6.
More than 269,000 absentee ballot requests were made in Miami-Dade County. So far about 144,000 have been returned.
Elections officials want to remind absentee voters that ballots must be received by Tuesday at 7 p.m. to be accepted and voters should make sure they signed inside the red box on the outside of the absentee ballot envelope.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Hancock Bridge Pkwy near US 41 still closed Thursday morning
- No one hurt in North Fort Myers mobile home fire
- Lehigh family wants schoolbus back
- Rescuers work to herd stranded whales away from SWFL shore
- Florida Supreme Court to discuss medical marijuana Thursday
- Collier County first responders investigate hazmat situation
- Oma's Heart to give out last vouchers for holiday toys