|Published:||Oct 31, 2012 6:20 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 31, 2012 6:20 PM EDT|
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) - Casey Anthony's attorney has sent a letter to the judge in George Zimmerman's case, saying a prosecutor made some mischaracterizations about him during a hearing last week.
Jose Baez's letter to Circuit Judge Debra Nelson was made public Wednesday.
Baez says offhand remarks prosecutor Bernie de la Rionda made during a hearing last week were incorrect. The prosecutor was asking for a gag order to limit public remarks attorneys in the Zimmerman case can make.
Baez says he was never disciplined for making statements to the media. He says the only fine he received was for a discovery violation.
A spokeswoman for the prosecutor's office didn't immediately return an email.
Zimmerman is charged with fatally shooting 17-year-old Trayvon Martin last February.
Anthony was acquitted of murdering her daughter last year.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Two arrested in Fort Myers drug bust
- Hazmat team responds to chlorine leak at CCI
- Part of Collier Blvd. closed due to downed power line
- Dr. Nancy Graham sworn in as Lee County Superintendent
- Post-recession reinvention: the pet food business
- Passerby pulls floating 5 year-old from North Naples pond
- Lee County Schools want to spend $180,000 on marketing
- LCEC's portable substation can restore power to thousands
- A young girl is home after a near drowning incident
- Hillsborough County approves incentives for Amazon