|Published:||Oct 31, 2012 7:20 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 31, 2012 7:39 PM EDT|
CAPE CORAL, Fla. -- This week a Cape Coral home known for its Halloween spooks and decorations burned. Firefighters say the home's electrical system was overwhelmed.
But tonight, neighbors are coming out to help the family. The homeowner says tonight's halloween show will go on!
In the wake of this tragedy, this family says celebrating Halloween is a chance for them to try and get their lives back to normal.
On Monday, a fire destroyed this home at 925 SE 4th Place causing about $150,000 in damages. The family can't live here, they are now spending time in a hotel. But you'll see them out on Halloween night!
They say the show must go on in this Halloween tradition that's lasted a decade. "It gives everybody a sense of..there was disaster but you can go on. We lost quite a bit. But we survived.and we just want to continue," said homeowner Debbie Yasbeck.
The family says they'll be out celebrating Halloween until 9:30pm.
- Cape city workers find small mobile meth lab in the woods
- Cab driver saves family from mobile home fire
- Boil water notice in effect after N. Ft. Myers main break
- Officials: 35 pilot whales moving in deeper water
- Attorney: Winston relieved no charges in sex case
- FMPD arrests 3 teenaged vehicle burglary suspects
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- EXCLUSIVE: LeeTran driver speaks after possible bus shooting
- Fla. man charged in boy death eyed in 2nd killing
- Owner tracks stolen boat to Mexico