|Published:||Oct 30, 2012 10:13 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 30, 2012 10:15 AM EDT|
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (AP) - Fire officials say a malfunctioning heater in a back bedroom may have caused a fire that left four people homeless in Daytona Beach.
The Daytona Beach Fire Department responding to the early morning fire Tuesday found the single story home engulfed in flames.
Officials say the homeowner told them he saw sparks coming out of the heating unit just before the fire started.
The American Red Cross is assisting the family.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- Teacher accused of having relationship with student
- Mandela ceremony interpreter deemed a 'fake'
- Mobile home destroyed in North Fort Myers fire
- Collier Co. begins looking for land to build soccer complex
- No plans to remove wreckage from fatal boat crash
- S Fla biologist recovering after rattlesnake bite
- CCSO: Man threatens to shoot deputy during domestic dispute
- Historic central Fla. house moved on barge
- Fla. man guilty in taxi, food delivery robberies