|Published:||Oct 30, 2012 10:18 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 30, 2012 10:18 AM EDT|
TAMPA, Fla. (AP) - Authorities say a man called 911 after fatally shooting an intruder who had apparently kicked in the door of his garage.
The shooting happened around 11:30 p.m. Monday. Hillsborough County Sheriff's deputies say the two men knew each other and had been engaged in an ongoing dispute.
Early Tuesday deputies were trying to get a search warrant that will allow them inside the home to begin processing the scene.
The names of the shooter and the victim have not been released.
No further details were immediately available.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- Punta Gorda victim of theft follows and detains suspect
- Woman allegedly threatened to shoot man as he walked his dog
- 3 headliners cancel music performances at SeaWorld
- Lottery sales suspended at stores raided for illegal drugs
- NTSB releases preliminary report on Fla. jet crash
- CCSO: no reason to believe accused murderer heading to SWFL
- 3 people killed in Florida Panhandle boat crash
- Man who rescued motorcycle rider, killed in crash on Friday