|Published:||Oct 29, 2012 5:45 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 29, 2012 5:45 PM EDT|
COLLIER COUNTY, Fla.- One person was killed and another remains in critical condition after in an early morning crash on U.S. 41, just east of Eleven Mile Road.
FHP reports that 50-year-old Morning Star Osceola of Ochopee sustained fatal injuries just before 4:30 Monday morning. She was not wearing a seatbelt at the time of the accident.
Her passenger was a toddler. Madison Phillips is estimated to be between 2 and 3 years of age. She was transported to Miami Children's Hospital where she remains in critical condition. She was not restrained in a car seat when the crash happened.
Osceola was reportedly driving her Chevy Suburban eastbound on U.S. 41, approximately 2 miles west of the Miami-Dade County line. For unknown reasons, she entered the westbound lane of U.S. 41, then overcorrected and lost control.
According to FHP, the Suburban began a counterclockwise yaw as it left the roadway and entered the south shoulder of U.S. 41. Once on the shoulder, the SUV overturned and continued this movement back onto the roadway.
As the Chevy overturned Osceola and Phillips were both ejected from the vehicle.
Osceola was pronounced dead on scene.
- Woman at center of infamous killing set free
- Public IDs woman accused of stealing from elderly victim
- Snow forecasted for Golden Gate Community Park Saturday
- Motorcycle crash blocks Nelson Rd. at Tropicana Pkwy.
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- So. Fla. US Rep. Garcia joins 24 immigration fast
- Cape Police arrest reckless driver near recent accident site
- FHP investigates fatality on SB I-75 near Corkscrew Rd.
- Deputies arrest student accused of bringing knife to school
- Officials: 20 whales spotted closer to shore