|Published:||Oct 29, 2012 11:43 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 29, 2012 11:43 AM EDT|
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) - About 1.9 million Floridians have already cast ballots eight days before Election Day.
The Department of State said as of Monday morning, nearly 1.4 million people had cast absentee ballots and more than 500,000 people cast ballots in person during the early voting period that began Saturday.
The vote is nearly evenly split by party, with 784,444 ballots cast by Democrats and 774,304 ballots cast by Republicans. More than 307,000 ballots have been cast by voters who don't belong to either major party.
The total represents nearly 16 percent of Florida's 11.9 million voters.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Barricaded man didn't survive in house fire
- Man shot to death while questioned in Boston probe
- Southbound I-75 reopens after rollover crash near Colonial
- Crews battle brush fire near Island Park
- Report: mother at fault in fatal Alligator Alley crash
- SWFL soldier surprises kids live on WINK News
- Fire shuts down Jersey's Sports Cafe
- IRS hits Miccosukee tribe with $170M tax bill
- Police say school nurse's blood alcohol level was .275
- Invalid DL leads to Port Charlotte drug arrest