|Published:||Oct 29, 2012 3:43 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 29, 2012 3:43 PM EDT|
An outbreak of fungal meningitis has been linked to steroid shots for back pain. The medication, made by a specialty pharmacy in Massachusetts, has been recalled.
Latest numbers from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention:
Illnesses: 354, including seven joint infections.
States: 19; Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas and Virginia.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Hostage situation ends in house fire, man found dead inside
- Ft. Myers man dies in New Jersey crash, wife critically hurt
- Sun Splash Waterpark begins summer hours Friday
- FWC relocates largest black bear captured in Fla.
- Union vote set for some Lee Co. government workers
- Desoto officials search for missing Nocatee man
- Salvation Army of Fla. assists Oklahoma tornado victims
- Island Park brush fire remains mostly contained
- Investigation determines electrical problems caused bus fire
- Coast Guard repatriates 7 Cuban migrants