|Published:||Oct 27, 2012 1:01 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 27, 2012 1:01 PM EDT|
People lined up to cast their ballot all across our area. Polls opened up at 7am and warly voting continues until next weekend.
This year the longer ballot proved to hold up lines, so many actually got their hands on a sample ballot and had it all filled out once they arrived.
"We marked it as we wanted because we knew it was going to be long with all the amendments," said voter Elmon Burton.
Some just showed up not having read a thing.
"We looked at the newspaper and looked at the TV," George Noyes said.
At the polling location in Cape Coral, the line almost wrapped around the entire building, but to some, that is not negative.
"It makes me feel good because people care enough to get out and vote," said Cherry Geathers.
- Cape city workers find small mobile meth lab in the woods
- Cab driver saves family from mobile home fire
- Boil water notice in effect after N. Ft. Myers main break
- Officials: 35 pilot whales moving in deeper water
- Attorney: Winston relieved no charges in sex case
- Kohl's keeps doors open 'round the clock until Christmas Eve
- JetBlue Airways opens flight route to Haiti
- FMPD arrests 3 teenaged vehicle burglary suspects
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- EXCLUSIVE: LeeTran driver speaks after possible bus shooting