|Published:||Oct 27, 2012 1:01 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 27, 2012 1:01 PM EDT|
People lined up to cast their ballot all across our area. Polls opened up at 7am and warly voting continues until next weekend.
This year the longer ballot proved to hold up lines, so many actually got their hands on a sample ballot and had it all filled out once they arrived.
"We marked it as we wanted because we knew it was going to be long with all the amendments," said voter Elmon Burton.
Some just showed up not having read a thing.
"We looked at the newspaper and looked at the TV," George Noyes said.
At the polling location in Cape Coral, the line almost wrapped around the entire building, but to some, that is not negative.
"It makes me feel good because people care enough to get out and vote," said Cherry Geathers.
- FMPD IDs victim in fatal shooting, suspect search continues
- Charlotte deputies ID body found in burned garage
- Immokalee man accused of having sex with an 11 y/o
- Two arrested in Fort Myers drug bust
- LCSO detectives search for gas station burglary suspect
- Hazmat team responds to chlorine leak at CCI
- Part of Collier Blvd. closed due to downed power line
- Post-recession reinvention: the pet food business
- Dr. Nancy Graham sworn in as Lee County Superintendent
- Lee County Schools want to spend $180,000 on marketing