|Published:||Oct 27, 2012 8:10 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 27, 2012 8:10 PM EDT|
LAKEWOOD CREST, Fla. (AP) - The 12-year-old daughter of Florida Sen. Marco Rubio has been airlifted to Miami Children's Hospital after a Saturday motor vehicle accident.
The Republican senator was notified of the accident while coming off stage after a rally with GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney Saturday afternoon.
A Rubio spokesman reports that the girl is in stable condition.
The senator campaigned with Romney at two Florida rallies on Saturday and was scheduled to attend a third before being picked up by a state police cruiser along Romney's motorcade route.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Lee County pursuit ends in crash in Collier County
- Fort Myers man arrested in road rage shooting incident
- Naples non-profit uses water therapy to help Veterans cope
- New video shows Hohensee's anger
- Beware of Memorial Day scams aimed at military personnel
- Gearing up for summer with Memorial Day travel
- Community comes together for Safety Fair & 5k
- FMPD arrests 10 on drug charges, looking for 9 more
- Communications satellite launched into space
- Request to exhume remains from panhandle school rejected